Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mouse in the House

There is a mouse in our house. This morning I woke up to lovely little mouse droppings all over my new kitchen. My parents had a mouse once. It ate part of a cookie that we were saving for my mom and my brother Colin got accused of eating it (because he was the trouble maker of the bunch). He got sent to his room until he came clean and admitted he stole it. Needless to say he was in there for a very long time.

A field right by our house.

Luckily nothing is missing things are just messy. Unfortunately I am home alone with the mouse--no husband, no brothers, no Dad. I'm getting real sick and tired of being brave. We've got spiders here. Lots and lots of spiders. There was a tarantula/field spider in a garage once and I was the one who came across it. We have Daddy long legs coming out of our ears!

Missy Sissy with Mommas hat.

I've sucked them up with the vacuum, squished them with shoes and sponges, and drowned them with water. Unfortunately I don't think any of those things are going to work with this mouse. WAAAAHHHH!

Delicious homemade low-fat cookies!
Why can't we just have a normal spider/mouse free house? I'm not a tough girl. I'm a run away and hide girl. This terror overtakes me and I'm all jumps, and screams, and shivers.

Worn flat out. 
When I was pregnant I found a spider on my pillow once and I pleaded with Brady to kill it but he is used to strong girls who don't have a spider phobias. He told me that I needed to learn how to kill them myself. I don't know if it was the pregnancy or the fear but I began to cry hysterically.

Avey and Grandma on 4th of July after Daddy and Grandpa finished the firework show.

I eventually walked my pillow (with the spider on it) into the living room and went to bed without it. Life is hard when you grow up with Terminex and marry a guy who doesn't believe in pest control. Hard and terrifying.



I need prayer.

I need an exterminator.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! We had a mouse in our last apartment. It was horrible. And super gross. I made my husband call an exterminator... but all they do is set traps. I hope your husband catches it!!

    ReplyDelete