Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's A Wonderful Life (Christmas Eve Eve)

I'm sitting here basking in the overflow of sweet Christmas bliss watching the two people I love most sleep the morning away. My cup runneth over.


Our NICU stay put me way behind schedule. This Holiday Season came so fast it literally ran me down. Thank you to those who brought us meals. Thank you to those who didn't but who offered love and support in a kind word or thoughtful message. Thank you to those who ran my errands for me and to those who held the baby while I showered and did my makeup. I couldn't have done it all without you!

Olé!





Christmas Eve Eve was a magical time. We baked. We cleaned. We conquered.

Sister slept. 



I like to experiment with new recipes and my favorite new cookie recipe is Mint Chocolate Chip. You take the Toll House Cookie recipe off the back of the bag + a dash more flour and while you're mixing the wet ingredients add a of tsp mint extract and 8 drops green food coloring.


At the end where the recipe says to add the chocolate chips add a cup of Andes Mint Baking Chips to the mix!


Yummy little green balls!



 Yummy little green cookies!


Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients:

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon mint extract
  • 8 drops green food coloring
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup andes mint baking chips
  • Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, mint extract and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and andes mint baking chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. 



Enjoy the rest of this Christmas Holiday with your loved ones. Try a new recipe or two and enjoy the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment