Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chicken Parmesan Recipe

Last night my Grandparents came over for dinner. We like to get together once a month to eat, and play games or watch a movie. Last night we hosted the monthly dinner at our apartment and I decided to make Chicken Parmesan one of my favorite meals. Here is the recipe if you're in the mood for something quick, easy and delicious! 
The first thing you'll need is boneless skinless chicken breast. In this case all I had were tenderloins so I used those instead. I flattened each tenderloin with a mallet and then cut each piece in half. I have found that cutting the chicken in half makes it easier to manage later on.

The recipe calls for one egg slightly beaten but I used two (because I was making more chicken then the recipe called for) and I beat the heck out of them. I don't think it matters either way.

Next you'll need seasoned bread crumbs. I just used a bag of croutons I had in the pantry and I chopped them up in our blender. It worked like a charm. The amount of bread crumbs you need will fluctuate with the amount of chicken you use, in this case I used an entire bag of croutons.


You'll need butter. Lots of butter. In my case I used an entire stick. This is what you fry your chicken in. I used two tablespoons at a time and melted the butter in the pan under medium heat. 

Now what you are going to do is take your chicken, dip it in the egg,  cover it in the bread crumbs (so messy!!), and put it in the pan with the melted butter. Brown both sides of the chicken. If your chicken isn't cooked thoroughly after this step toss it in the oven for a couple minutes.


While your chicken is baking fill the pan with a cup of spaghetti sauce (I used two). Cover it and let it simmer for ten minutes.

Next you're going to sprinkle the sauce with parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and fresh parsley (If you have it.) Cover and let it simmer for five minutes. 


The chicken is finished after a few minutes in the oven and it's ready for the sauce!


Now smother you're chicken in this delicious sauce and enjoy! To complete the meal I made a caesar salad and garlic bread. For dessert we had brownies and cookies and cream ice cream. You can, of course, use whatever sides you like. Those are just a couple of suggestions.  


Chicken Parmesan 
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves (I used chicken tenderloins)

1 egg, slightly beaten

1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs

2 T. butter
1
1 c. spaghetti sauce

1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded

1 T. Parmesan cheese, grated

1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
Using a mallet flatten chicken to an even thickness. Dip chicken into egg then into crumbs to coat. In skillet over medium heat, in hot butter, brown chicken on both sides. ( After I browned the chicken they were not done yet...so I put them into the oven for a few minutes). While the chicken is baking add spaghetti sauce into the pan. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until cheese melts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment