Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

moving day.
After almost two months of living with my Grandparents we are finally moving into our new home!! There is still work that needs to be done but today I am happy to be unpacking-- filling up the cupboards in our new kitchen, positioning furniture the way I've planned it in my mind, and convincing Brady that the bed does indeed need to go in the center of the wall in our room instead of up against the wall. Silly boy wants to have one us crawl over the other one to get out of bed.


We did that before. In the apartment. It was short lived and after I finally convinced him to let me position the bed differently to his surprise he actually like it better. I have no doubt that he'll come around--eventually-- this time too.



6 month old little monster. 
We bought her a jumpy thingy because she likes to stand up and bounce around while you hold onto her hands. We figured she'd love it but she's still trying to figure it out. We put her in it and after five minutes she starts to fuss because she's done.


She's going through this awesome stage where she likes to have my attention every second of the day. If I'm not looking at her she gets upset. Like--woah. We had a diva. She fake chokes now because she knows that I immediately drop whatever I'm doing and rush to her side. Smart, funny, little diva.


The other day I made myself a sandwich for lunch and I had just sat down on the couch to enjoy said sandwich when Avey went into this coughing, choking, fit. At first I thought she was joking but then she didn't stop when I looked at her so I freaked out. Dropped my sandwich on the ground and then stepped on it while rushing to her aid-- ready to do some serious pounding on her back to get whatever was stuck in her throat out.


When I got next to her on the floor she started to laugh because Momma is a funny fool and Avey is a good little prankster. I don't know where she learned how to fake choke herself but she did and now she does it once or twice a day. I tried to tell her the story about the boy that cried wolf but I don't think her comprehension skills are quite up to par yet. Sister drives me crazy.

"I coulda been a contender."
She's also become a little mimic. For months I've been placing my hand over my mouth while I say "awahwahwahwahwah". Like the Indians. Then if she makes noise I move my hand over her mouth too. Like I said we've been working at this for months and the other day while we were sitting on the couch, in the garage, in the duplex she placed her hand over her own mouth and let out a mighty Indian holler.

She likes to use the back of her hand for her Indian cry--so funny!
I grabbed my camera and hit record while we went back and forth--speaking Indian to each other. It was AWESOME. 




Also awesome? The way she started crawling two nights ago when everyone walked out of the room and it was just us two. She got up on all fours and crawled... twice. I woke my Grandparents up in hopes that she would do it again but she didn't. Last night after several failed attempts at trying to get her to crawl toward me I placed the TV remote at my feet (because Sister loves the things she's not allowed to have). Wouldn't ya know it? Girlfriend got up on all fours and crawled right over to that TV remote. I called for Brady and he was finally able to see it too. The look on his face was priceless. Big, huge, grin-- mouth wide open, he was radiating proud papa.


duck face. 
Avey started making this sniffy duck face shortly after we moved in with my Grandparents. It's ridiculous how funny it is.



toys.
Avey likes the toy for the tag. If the toy doesn't have a tag she isn't interested.


wet t-shirt contest.
June 12, 2012
My Grandparents are having some work done in one of the rooms of their house, needless to say, there has been a handy man walking around for the better part of the morning. Avey and I are here by ourselves so I took it upon myself to play hostess and offer the man a cold, refreshing, beverage. He laughed and said he was fine drinking out of the hose. I insisted that he come inside and have something cold and filtered.


While he was drinking and telling me some silly story Avey started to fuss in the other room as I prepared lunch. When I sat down on the floor with Avey in the living room I realized that the front of my shirt was wet and thought to myself, "Hmm I must have spilt some water."


Wrong. 


Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. 


Not water. Breast milk.



My handy dandy little milk pad was not positioned correctly and my milk let down-- in front of the handyman. I just thought I should share how utterly humiliated I am and how it sucks to be so leaky all of the time. Nursing is awesome, it saves a bundle, and it is much more convenient than formula. The pros outweigh the cons by far but sometimes I think back to a simpler time where my boobs were my own (+Brady's). One day...

Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment