Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Whirlwind

normal.
Three months postpartum and I'm back to normal. My body feels back to normal. 7 more pounds and I'll be back to pre-pregnancy weight.
Avey went with me to my annual physical and was as happy as a clam when we arrived at the doctors office.


Unfortunately the doc got called away on a delivery and we ended up spending two and a half hours waiting. At first we waited in the waiting room then a nurse called us back, took my weight, blood pressure and a urine sample. She ushered us into a room, told me to undress, and let me know that the doctor would be in shortly.


Note to self: Shortly means 55 minutes spent sitting buck naked on a table while your baby cries because she's hungry and needs a diaper change.

I cannot even put into words how happy I am that I wont have to do that for another year.


lunch date.
This past month has been a whirlwind. Every week my calendar has been full of lunch dates, dinner dates, weekend trips, visits from friends, and game nights. Brady and I are homebodies. Neither one of us was ever big on having a social life. I know it's one of the reasons why we fit so perfectly together. We learned early on in life how to be content in our surroundings. Every day doesn't have to be an occasion, we're solitary people, we like to be alone, we like the peace and quite.


I thought that this month would be a challenge for me because typically after a day spent with friends I need two spent at home, without plans, recovering. This month I was fueled by the steady stream of the ones we love and the ones that love us back.

It was nice to meet a friend after a terrible morning at the doctors to get my mood back on track. It was needed. It was greatly appreciated.


great grandma.
My Dads mother and I have always been close. A couple years ago she moved to Texas and the bond we've always shared became even greater. I was at her house, on her couch, gushing about the new boy I started talking to the night before I went to On the Border, the night that Brady and I sat in his truck till 4am talking about our lives, getting to know each other, laying the ground work for our relationship.


Throughout my life I remember many times sitting on her couch, confiding in her, talking to her about boys, parents--life. She was always there, always close, and always ready to take me out to the movies--to revive our spirits and renew our zeal--our passion for life.


Sadly, because of a misunderstanding after Avey was born my Grandma Sharon had not been over to see her yet. This month all of that was rectified.

yes. our christmas tree is still up. yes. i am aware that it is almost march. 


oklahoma.
We hadn't seen Brady's family since Christmas so we decided to take a quick weekend trip to visit and catch up. It was Aveys first road trip and she rocked it out. Slept the whole way there and the whole way back.

I love Brady around his family. There is a side of him that comes out that I don't get to see very often and when I do get to see it I relish every second.


It's that part of a person that only comes out around the ones that know you best. The ones that have been there since the beginning. The ones who've seen every piece of you and love you anyway. It's that part that I get to see when he's with them. It was that part that convinced me that I couldn't share my life with anyone else.




The Williams family does this thing that used to make me feel left out--they love to quote movies--not meaningful quotes but the funny, stupid, i-can't-believe-that-just-happened quotes.

Photobucket

They like to do it often. I used to smile and laugh along with everyone else because I didn't want anyone to know that I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about but I'm past that now because they don't do it to get the obligatory nod and laugh. They do it because it bonds them.

Photobucket

My family bonds while sitting around watching the movie and his does it whilst remembering them. It's a beautiful thing if you're willing to sit back and watch it all happen. My family sitting around the television while my Dad pauses to make comments for the hundredth time and his family gathered together in the living room spouting off silly quotes through laughter-- it all says the same thing. 

Photobucket

"I really enjoy being with you."


"No one understands me like you do." 


"I wish we could do this forever."

Photobucket
the sneeze.

We always have a wonderful time when we're with his family.


And slowly but surely-- the more time we spend around them--they're becoming mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment