Thursday, January 5, 2012

ATTENTION: PACI MIA

The baby is clean and fed. Chili is on the stove and cornbread is in the oven. The laundry is done, the dishes are washed, my make-up is on, my hair smells nice, the bed has been made-- it's been an eventful past few hours.



Today I cried a little. Because today we started something-- something called size one diapers-- and that means that my newborn is becoming an infant and I would like to know when the heck that happened please!

Because I remember when she used to look like this-- when preemie diapers where too big for her.


And now she's rockin' size one. I'll be hysterical when she starts growing out of her newborn clothes.


Hysterical.


 I've been busy lately. Not the working mom-who-has-seven-kids busy but the I-just-had-a-baby-and-all-we-do-is-lay-around-and-cuddle-so-I-don't-have-time-for-anything-else kinda busy. Really. I made up an excuse to get out of hanging out with a girlfriend the other day because I was super busy cuddling.




It's not my fault. Look at her. Sister begs to be cuddled.



Also. This paci? Is totally MIA. Or that's what I'm telling myself because I don't want to have to move all the crap that's being stored under our bed to fish it out. It was the perfect storm. I tossed the binky onto the bed and it continued to roll--into the headboard--straight through the cracks--where it came to rest under the bed.

Poor paci.



Mmmm... I love me some baby booty!




As January 8th quickly approaches memories of last year and what I was doing during this time have been playing through my mind. I was buying a wedding dress, getting prepared to move out of my parents house, packing for my honeymoon, shopping for lingerie, and enjoying an impromptu bachelorette party-- oh how far we've come in one short year.



We are so blessed. I can't say it enough. We are blissfully happy, healthy and content. These are the best years of our lives. The years that I'll look back upon when we're old and grey and think "what I wouldn't give to go back". I'm trying to soak up every little ounce of every little moment. I don't want to forget a thing-- knowing fully that I am only human and that I will forget lots of things.

That's why writing it all down is so important.



She wont be like this forever. Just last year she was only a dream that I'd had since I was 5.

Today it's moving up the car seat straps and graduating to size 1 diapers. Tomorrow she'll be walking. I plan to cherish every single second.


No comments:

Post a Comment