Sunday, January 1, 2012

Magic At 2AM

 I am loving life right now-- today-- this moment. We haven't done anything but lay around and sleep all week. I feel rested even though I'm up at 2am, 5am, and 7am every morning.

I love being a Mommy. Getting up with Avey isn't a chore. It's a secret, magical time we get to spend together while the rest of the world sleeps on. There is something magical about being up at 2am nursing-- her eyes locked to mine as she tries not to smile while I coo at her and tell her how pretty she is. She always cracks this half grin around me and it makes my throat get tight and my heart expand.


We're living on borrowed time. These nighttime moments-- we wont ever get them back. Because Sister is growing and growing fast.

Weighing in at a whopping 7 lbs 4 oz she's already well on her way to toddlerhood. So we take naps together-- skin to skin. We have hour long one-sided conversations. And we do a lot... a TON of nursing.

Can you spy the binky?

I am so excited for the future but I am very content living in the present-- living off her baby smell, Christmas candy, and sweet slobbery kisses. It is indeed a wonderful life and I am so blessed to be in it.




Brady has been enjoying his time off. Making up for all the game time he's lost all year while at work. Baby duty doesn't even phase him. Though usually not the best multi-tasker he has a talent for juggling the things he loves and it makes me oh so very happy because it makes him oh so very happy.





Just a quick little blurb about this water bottle that I got at Costco the other day. It came in a pack of three water bottles and it has quickly sky rocketed to the top of my "Favorite Things I Love" list. There are few things in life that make me so happy as a good water bottle-- butterflies, rainbows, Zelda-- this water bottle trumps them all.



Sisters got moves you've never seen. She practices ballet in her sleep and she's darned good if I do say so myself. Look at her raw talent. Oh the places you'll go Little One.



Jil dropped in for a visit before she caught an early flight back to Chicago. We hadn't seen each other since the summer-- when I was pregnant and we tired to meet at In-n-out.

I gave her a ring when I got there.

"Where are you?"

"I got us a booth. Where are you?"

"I just walked around the place. Can't find you."

"Huh. I'll stand up. I'm by the door."

"Me too. You must be at the other door."

"I'm waving. Do you see me?"

"No. I just checked both doors. Are you hiding?"

"No. I'm just standing by the door. I don't know how you can't see me."

Conversation went on for a good ten minutes before we realized we weren't at the same restaurant.


pay no attention to the laundry basket, diaper bag, and jacket hanging over the crib in the background. i am a domestic goddess and my house is always clean. everything is always in it's place and those things are figments of your imagination. 

Flashback to the 1980's. Mick Jagger made an appearance.



I dread Tuesday. Brady goes back to work. I wish that he could just stay home with us forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment