Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Great Many Things

This is Levi. He used to be my boss. Levi is three. 




Levi knows all his colors. He's a show-off baby. His favorite show is Handy Manny and he loves music. He loves music so much he made up his own sign for "more music"-- when he wants to hear more he signs "more" on his foot. See? Show-off baby.



Levi is in the business of enriching peoples lives. He teaches you how to love the unexpected. He makes you hold your breath in anticipation-- because you never know what amazing thing Levi is gonna do next.



This is Levi. Levi is three. Levi has MECP2 duplication syndrome and he is a miracle. He has taught me so many different things. His family has taught me so many different things-- namely; how to love the unexpected. How to love passionately despite a diagnosis or a life expectancy. How to dance in the living room- oh yeah! They taught me all the words to Spongebob's theme song and all the names of Manny's tools. They taught me that "if you spend your life mourning the fact that you didn't get to Italy, you may never be free to enjoy the very special, the very lovely things... about Holland."

read holland poem here.



This is Levi. Levi is three. Levi is a miracle.



Avey and I got to spend some time with the Jones family this week. Levi did not like how sister was hogging his momma.



It was a long overdue visit. There was lots of excitement. Like when Lake decided he wanted to walk around the living room with Avey. You should have seen his sister and his momma jump into action. It was hilarious-- terrifying-- but hilarious.



 I love how much the people I love-- love my child. It fills up my soul to see my friends and family shower her with kisses and affection. I think it's because I know it fills up her soul as well. Sister is never going to doubt that she is loved by a great many people-- just like I have never doubted that I am loved by a great many people.


She is the apple of her Daddy's eye.



The love of her mommas life.



She is going to be such a great many things.




No comments:

Post a Comment