Monday, January 16, 2012

A Weekend Review

Sister made momma crazy proud last night. She put herself to sleep in--get this-- her basinet! As Brady lectured me on how I needed to leave her in the basinet even if she started to fuss(because he wanted to cuddle)-- baby girl self soothed her way to sleep-- giving me four solid hours of sleep!

Guess where sister is napping now? In her basinet! Freeing up my arms to write this quick post!

Glory!

her gown says "where you lead, i will follow. ruth 1:16"

After reviewing some of my pictures I realized that the majority were single shots of Avey. Any containing Brady and I  were sleeping pictures--so we headed out to the balcony on Saturday and we had ourselves a little photo shoot.



They are gonna be best friends just like my Dad and I. They're practically the same person.


Alright, so here's the story. Brady was snapping pictures of Avey and I and in almost all the photos he chopped off the top of my head. I made a big ole fuss about it after we went inside so he took the camera and shot multiple pictures that looked like this:


Telling me I should just photoshop my hair onto the other photos. Thanks babe.

Saturday night we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa. We ate some delicious cake and played a couple games.

I won them all. NBD.






Sunday was a lazy day. We didn't roll out of bed till ten. It was the best Avey had ever slept. I usually watch her during the night. She sleeps on my side of the bed and I'm there to make sure no blankets cover her face, she stays on her back etc. Well Brady took baby duty on Saturday night.

She slept like a dream. Girlfriend loves her Daddy.


I made bacon, egg and cheese biscuits Sunday morning. For the heart shaped eggs I grabbed a cookie cutter out of the pantry, put it on the griddle, and filled it with egg.

Ta-da!




She was knocked out after her bath. Brady put a diaper on her, we nursed, and she was down for the count.


The video game fest continued this weekend.


The cherry and whipped cream of our weekend was a night at my parents. My dad just made it back from a two week work trip in Vegas/California. We celebrated with movies and pizza--the only way there is to celebrate something grand.




I hope your week is full of wonder and excitement. Learn something new! I'm going to learn how to make candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment