Monday, March 26, 2012

30 Day Shred

day 8.
Since Sunday is our sabbath I decided to take a day of rest so this is my 8th day of the shred.


The day I started the shred I sat down and wrote out a couple goals--

  1. I want to lose at least 3 lbs a week.
  2. I want to lose at least 50 lbs by July 20th (Kyle and Sarahs Wedding).
  3. I want to lose 85-100 lbs total.
  4. I want to complete the 30 Day Shred.


Thus far I am doing swimmingly. I've lost 8.4 lbs in 8 days.

The day that I finish the shred I am going to go with my sister to get fitted for our bridesmaids dresses. I figured that was good incentive.

In my 38th week of pregnancy I weighed 260 lbs. That is the absolute heaviest I've ever been and ever want to be. I dropped 40 lbs real quick-- over a couple weeks after I gave birth. I was stuck at 220-- until last Sunday-- for months.


I am excited to say that I weighed in at 211.4 this morning.

I am doing the shred and I am watching my calories. A great way to track meals, exercise, and progress  is I am a believer. 


Everyday the shred gets a little easier and I see improvements in my endurance. I have never stuck with a diet/exercise program for over a week.

Pathetic, right?

I've always wanted to cheat because the limits I put on myself were unrealistic. Fad diets don't work for me. Real life, real food, and healthy choices work for me. The shred kicks my butt. I don't want to undo the hard work I just put in for a midnight snack or a bag of cheetos. Nuh-uh. The exercise program keeps me motivated to continue to make the healthy choices.

But if I feel like I need something... I have it. In moderation and an amount that is modest and appropriate. I ate ice cream three times this week. A tiny scoop in a tiny condiment dish but that is all I needed.

This isn't a diet. It is a lifestyle change. 80/20. As long as I eat right 80% of the time the other 20% covers the cheats and my need to make sopapilla cheesecakesalted chocolate pretzel toffee and black bottom cupcakes.

Though I didn't make anything like that this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment