Wednesday, March 28, 2012

30 Day Shred

day 9. 
As exercise 1 continues to get easier I continue to see a difference in the way I look and feel. I hate working out. I hate getting sweaty and I hate the way I jiggle when I do jumping jacks. I hate the jiggle the most. Therefore I will continue to workout and and sweat until the only things on my body that jiggle are the ta-tas (sorry mom).

  Photobucket

I did something awesome yesterday. I made it through all the cardio circuits without having to stop and catch my breath. I'm pretty sure my text to Brady read something like this, "Dude. I am so freakin skinny. And awesome. Mostly awesome." In real life I stripped down to my sports bra, closed my eyes, and uttered "I'm gonna die" about 3456247542 times from the floor.

  Photobucket

The floor is my new bff. I spend lots of time there.

  Photobucket

Then Avey started fussing so I got off the floor and we did this:

  Photobucket
Last night Brady asks, "Is that a photo of you nursing?"
Brit: Yeah-huh.
Brady: Why?
Brit: Because it's a beautiful thing and I don't want to forget it so I took a picture.

Yup. Pretty sure he thinks I'm nuts. Honestly 4 months ago I would have thought the same but we worked hard for that. Breastfeeding is NOT easy when you have a baby that was bottle fed straight out of the womb. There were many tears shed and I want to remember what we achieved. I can't really explain it. I used to think breastfeeding (lets count how many times I mention boobs in this post) was kinda icky. I used to wish that there were laws that prevented women from being able to do it in public. Now I realize just how silly I was. It is so far from icky.

It's kinda awesome.


pizza.
I'm really enjoying "skinny" food. I really haven't had many problems with temptation because I spoil myself with things like:

Greek Pizza!


Photobucket




Recipe
1 pizza crust (homemade or store boughtyou can have whatever you like)
2 big handfuls of spinach
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
salt and pepper
nutmeg, to taste
1 cup feta cheese crumbles
1/2 of a tomato
oregano


  1. In a large skillet saute the garlic and onions until tender. About 3-4 minutes. 
  2. Add spinach to the garlic and onions and wilt. 
  3. Season with salt, pepper, and a little bit of nutmeg.
  4. Top the pizza crust with the spinach mixture then top that with the feta. 
  5. Place pizza in oven and bake according to the directions on crust. 
  6. When the pizza comes out of the oven top with tomatoes, oregano, and black pepper. 

4 comments:

  1. Girl! I remember when you used to try your moms breast milk when we were in elementary school. You can't say you thought it was icky... you loved it. haha I miss you! PS you have to wait like 4 more years so we can have a kid at the same time... remember ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're hilarious! I tried it one time and I didn't 'love' it. I thought it was tolerable. :p

      Dude. We'll probably be on our 5th kid by then. lol But really. I miss you. Get that boy to marry you already so I have an excuse to come visit!

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that I found your blog through pinterest and that I'm right there with you. I'm only on my second day of 30ds today, but I am hurtin'!! I was soo out of shape that I didn't realize it til I suffered through that first cardio circuit. I definitely laid on the floor and passed out..haha. Oh and myfitnesspal is definitely a great tool..I too am counting those calories. feel free to add me if you'd like..my username is treysmom8387. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to report that I'm almost ready to start workout two. I honestly thought it would take me the whole 30 days just to get through it! I'm going to go find you on mfp right now!!

      Delete