Baking is something that the people in my family share a passion for. I think it's because there is so much joy that comes from receiving a compliment or filling someones hungry belly with delicious things.
It is the deepest desire of my heart to show people love and food is such a tangible way of doing that.
I was elated when I opened a cookbook full of all the recipes I admired growing up at my wedding shower. My Aunt Kim had worked hard to compile recipes for food and marriage from all the women who love me. It was a very special gift.
This is my Aunt Kim's banana bread recipe. I am delighted to get to share it with you!
Banana bread is definitely one of my comfort foods. There is nothing in the world like warm banana bread with butter in the early morning or late at night with a tall glass of milk.
I hope you get as much use and joy out of this recipe as I have.
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (roughly 2)
1/3 cup water
1 2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease only bottom of loaf pan.
- Mix sugar and butter stir in eggs until blended.
- Add bananas and water. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except for nuts.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out dry.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides from pan with a knife and remove from pan.