Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ben and Courtney Crazy

Good morning 4am. I haven't seen you in awhile. Not since Avey started sleeping though the night a week ago. I can't say I've missed you. My nights are better spent sleeping. There is no way in the world I am getting up to exercise with Brady at 6am now. Nuh-uh.

Photobucket

Why do you have to do me so wrong 4am? If sister needs a lil pick-me-up I am happy to oblige--as long as we both fall back to sleep after her nightcap. You aren't supposed to use that time to occupy my mind with day dreams. I need you to occupy me with real dreams--the kind you have when you sleep.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The dude who owned the duplex that we put an offer on declined it. He basically told us "pay my asking price or no deal" so we answered back "sure! but you pay closing costs and replace the disgusting carpet in unit b." Then he said, "never! pay my asking price and closing costs and YOU replace the carpet or no deal!" Then we said, "goodbye!"

Photobucket

We all stayed home sick today. All three of us had fevers.

Fevers aren't cool. Ever. They are especially not cool when you are a baby. 100.4. Not too bad but a tad worrisome. Brady--being the praying Dad that he is-- immediately laid hands on her and began praying. We took her temperature again. 98.7. God is awesome. Undeniably, incredibly, over-the-top, awesome. Healer. Lover. Comfort. Strength. Provider.

Photobucket

During our sick day Brady and I found this incredible deal on land. We love land. We want land. We want chickens, cows, goats, and a donkey named 'lil buddy.

Photobucket

22 acres.

Photobucket

Perfect.

Photobucket

We can afford it. We can afford to build a house on it.

wicka wicka what?!?!?

Photobucket

Thats right. A house.

So what is the hold up you ask?

Photobucket

Well happy little reader, the problems are as listed below:
  1. There is no water, electricity, road, or sewage system connected to this land. Brady could do it--because he's a genious. All but the electricity (because electrical engineers are not electricians. had me fooled.) but things like that take time. More time than say 43 days which is when we told our apartment complex that we would be leaving.
  2. There is no house. Which means we have to build a house. Which means we have to buy the land, drill a well, do a septic system, have the electricity people come so that we can plug stuff in, build an entire house, and get all this stuff approved by the city in 43 days or we're homeless. 
  3. I mean obviously my list is not that long but the things on the list are a little concerning. Especially number 2. Homeless. No bueno. 
That is where we are at. There is more research to be done. Plans to be hashed. Grandparents to beg because if we do this we're going to need to be adopted.

Photobucket
how can you say 'no' to that face?

It would be some sort of daring adventure though. It would be crazy. Ben and Courtney crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment