Friday, March 9, 2012

The Healthy PALEO Brownie

It's no secret that Brady and I have been trying to lose some weight. He is seeing lots of results. I am not. Because I have not seen the results that I'd like I am going to start the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. My copy came in today. I'm going to buy hand weights tonight. This is serious. 

It might kill me but I'm committed. 

In other news this is a new favorite around our house. The PALEO brownie. A delicious dessert you don't have to feel bad about indulging in. Glory!



Paleo Brownie

Ingredients


1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup raw organic sugar (or sweetener of choice--agave nectar--honey etc.)
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions

  • Grease 8x8 baking dish
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • In a large bowl whisk together almond butter, coconut milk, eggs, vanilla extract and salt. 
  • Then add cocoa powder, sugar, and chocolate chips. 
  • Pour into prepared baking dish and sprinkle the top with chopped nuts. 
  • Bake for approximately 18 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment