Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cookie Dough Cheesecake

I found this recipe on pinterest and I knew immediately that I couldn't go one more day without delicious cookie dough, melt in your mouth, cheesecake. Dude. It's better than Cheesecake Factory. I had to take it over to my parents house because I knew that I'd eat the whole thing if it stayed in our apartment. 

And heres the kicker... I don't even like cheesecake that much. But this? This is other wordly. It transcends the universe and speaks to my soul (making fun of Nicole Scherzinger--pussy cat doll and x-factor judge extraordinaire). That's right. Get on my level. 

I beg of you. Please. Try this. I literally can not wait to make it again. 

I tweaked the recipe I found a bit. The recipe I found called for store bought cookie dough and a store bought gram cracker crust but I'm a snob and I like to do things my way--from scratch. Obviously a little more time consuming but in my opinion? So very very worth it. 



Ingredients


Cookie Dough:
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cheesecake: 
16 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs


Directions:


Cookie Dough
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
  • Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
  • Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
  • Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • Gradually beat in flour mixture and stir in chocolate chips. 
  • Using floured hands, press the cookie dough very firmly into a well greased 10-inch pie pan, ensuring that it is of an even thickness and goes all the way up the sides of the pan. (Extra cookie dough will be used in the cheesecake)
  • Set aside.


Cheesecake
  • Beat cream cheese, sugar, and eggs in a mixing bowl until well blended. 
  • Remove 1/2 cup of the left over cookie dough and drop by rounded teaspoons into batter. Stir gently.
  • Pour into crust.
  • Top with level teaspoons full of the remaining 1/4 cup of cookie dough. (If you have any cookie dough left over bake a couple cookies. Preheat oven to 375. Bake for 8 minutes.)
  • Bake for 40 minutes or until the center is almost set. Let cool and refrigerate for three hours or over night. 
  • Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
  • 12 servings. 



No comments:

Post a Comment